AP US Government, Regular US Government, AP US History, World History
|Phone: (907) 742-2700 ex. 2105
Summer 2019 Assignment for AP US Government:
1. Read/watch the news for an hour a day five days a week.
2. Subscribe to an major national newspaper, such as Wall Street Journal, NY Times, LA Times, etc. This can be a physical subscription or an online subscription. You need to have a strong grasp
of the local, state, national, and international news from the summer on the first day of class. You will need to become somewhat of a "News Junky" during your time in AP US Government and
the follow class of AP Comparative Government.
3. Plan to take the AP exam in May 2020.
4. Consider a subscription to The Economist. It is expensive but worth it. It will make you smart!
Summer 2019 AP US History:
1. There is no summer requirement, but I strongly recommend you choose to read at least a book a month on the topic of American History, either nonfiction or historical fiction. Half of every
exam is essay. They primary road to being a better writer is to read often and write. So read over the summer. I recommend biographies if you can't find anything else you like.
2. Current events will be incorporated into our curriculum quite heavily, so start getting smart on the national and international news. This is not done well with local TV or Anchorage Dispatch.
You need to access a meaty publication such as the Wall Street Journal or NY Times. Become a New Junky of sorts.
***I will be looking at email over the summer quite often, so feel free to contact me with any questions.